CARIBBEAN AMERICAN CENTER OF NEW YORK INC., (CACNY)
CACNY is a multi-service non-profit tax-exempt organization founded in 1987 and incorporated in NYS in 1988.
To empower and enhance the quality of life for immigrants, minorities, veterans and their families and other disadvantaged persons by providing access to economic development, education, health, nutrition, skills training, legal/citizenship, arts & culture, youth and other services.
The Caribbean American Center of New York Inc. (CACNY) is committed to changing the lives of children in low income families in New York City and its environs, with a particular focus on low-income youth from immigrant & minority communities, those in public and temporary housing (homeless shelters) and others.
- To continue and expand free Robotics and STEM/STEAM and Academic Education classes at various locations around New York City to improve Regents, SAT scores, and assistance with college applications for low income students each year through tutoring, counseling, mentoring and direct services.
- To promote better health, nutrition and exercise to minority youth & adults via education, sports activities, live demonstrations of proper food preparation and outreach to parents of school aged children to provide resources to enable them to assist with the improvement of their children’s academic lives and ESL to foreign language speakers, along with Computer Classes.
- To expand our Digital Media Arts Program to encourage youth in Media Arts, Film & Editing for Skills Development
- Due to COVID-19, CACNY instituted its first 100% Virtual Programming. CACNY strivs to expand this model to incorporate career exploration videos by various professionals to inform our students about everything required from basic education, degrees, skills training, internships and more for specific careers.
- Expand partnerships with local schools, community centers and government agency programs (such as NYCHA Public Housing for Community Youth Initiative) to increase the reach of our FREE programs
- Continue our goal of providing access to quality education for low income NYC families through our STEAM/Robotics programs, job training, health, skills & talent development workshops, Regents Prep tutoring and other college admissions training and activities
- Promote better health, nutrition and exercise by partnering with hospitals, schools and health care groups
- Provide legal assistance to those qualifying for DACA benefits as soon as the new rules take effect!