CACNY Inc., provides free multi-services to under-served immigrants, minorities and other groups in New York State, with a specific focus on minority youth. According to recent figures, this sub-group number of Caribbean immigrants alone is over one and a half million (1.5) million residents in New York–about 35% of New York City’s total immigrant population. Young people under the age of 18 years, make up more than 30%, with approximately 40% minorities and most are of Caribbean Heritage.
HIGHLIGHTING THE LAST 5 YEARS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN OUR 34 YEARS OF OPERATION
- 18 Scholarships to College Students
- 58 students completed STEM classes in the last 24 months
- More than 2,000 parents and students have attended our College Financial Aid Workshops, FREE Immigration & Citizenship Legal Seminars
- CACNY sponsors Disaster Relief and International Community Service Partnerships in the US and the Caribbean
- More than 4,000 served to date in our Back to School and Youth Cultural Summer Fest in (Brooklyn & Queens)
- Over 6,500 small children received gift bags of new clothes, toys, books and shoes at our annual Christmas and Three Kings Day celebrations for children residing in NY’s Homeless Shelters and low income families over the last 5 years
- Sponsored bi-annual Benefit for College Scholarships with CACNY Role Models of Distinction Awards Gala; Due to COVID -19, our 7th Awards Gala is projected for September 2021.